Now for the small print...
1. To advertise in any Independent Directories Ltd publication the advertiser agrees to abide by Independent Directories Ltd Advertising Terms & Conditions as set out below.
2. The Mickleover Directory and Around Derby magazine is published by Independent Directories Limited.
3. The Mickleover Directory is delivered to 8,500 homes & businesses in Mickleover & the Around Derby magazine is delivered to 7,500 homes and businesses around Derby.
4. For the purpose of these Terms & Conditions where the term ‘you’ or ‘your’ is used it refers to the advertiser/customer.
5. For the purpose of these Terms & Conditions where the term ‘we’ ‘us’ or ‘our’ is used it refers to Independent Directories Limited.
6. For the purpose of these Terms & Conditions where the term ‘artwork’ is used it refers to adverts, editorials, designs and/or articles.
7. Independent Directories Ltd reserve the right not to publish certain adverts.
8. Acceptance of payment does not form a contract between us and you. The contract between us and you is only formed once your advert is published in the magazine.
9. It is your responsibility to ensure you are on our email list so you do not miss any important updates. If you haven’t already done so, go to our website & click on the ‘Sign Up’ tab at the top and fill in your details.
10. Payment must be made in advance of the publication going to print (15th of the month before at the latest).
11. Independent Directories Limited reserve the right to stipulate payment method.
12. If your invoice is not settled within Independent Directories Ltd terms, your advert may be omitted from the publication, but you may still be charged for the space booked.
13. To qualify for discounts invoices must be settled within Independent Directories Ltd terms.
14. If payment is not made within Independent Directories Ltd terms you may be re-invoiced for the full amount for the adverts already placed.
15. Once a package has been booked it can only be cancelled in writing before 10th of the month prior the advertising campaign begins.
16. If you wish to cancel a package once it has begun you will be re-invoiced for the full cost of adverts already published or pending (if after 10th of the month).
17. All discounts will be void and you will be re-invoiced for the full price (see Rate Card) and charged for any free editorial that was part of the package.
18. All 3 or 6 month packages must be consecutive months, with no breaks unless agreed in writing by Independent Directories Limited.
19. We reserve the right to change prices at any time by giving you at least 1 months notice.
20. Letters posted by us regarding late payment will be charged at £8 per letter.
21. Any charges incurred by us due to a returned cheque will be passed on to you.
22. If you have been advertising with us since before January 2009 & your payment is late you may be required to pay for any future advertising in advance of the magazine going to print.
23. If you pay monthly and your payment is late on more than one occasion then you may be required to pay quarterly.
24. All invoices will be emailed. It is up to you to ensure we have your current email address.
25. Advertisement bookings for one month only, must be paid for in full upon booking by credit/debit card or bank transfer.
26. A Standing Order must be set up for advertisement bookings for more than one month to qualify for our best rate.
27. If you settle your invoice by card payment then you agree for your card details to be stored electronically by us and used for any future invoice payments.
28. A fee of £40 will be applied for each, and every card charge-back.
29. If a card charge-back is initiated then your invoice will be regarded as unpaid and a £40 late payment fee will be added.
30. We reserve the right to claim a £40 Late Payment fee accordance with the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998.
31. We reserve the right to claim statutory interest at 8% above the Bank of England reference rate in force on the date the debt becomes overdue and at any subsequent rate where the reference rate changes and the debt remains unpaid in accordance with the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 as amended and supplemented by the Late Payment of Commercial Debts Regulations 2002.
32. We are not to be held responsible for any inaccuracies in adverts nor to any consequences arising from any inaccuracies.
33. We are not to be held responsible for error in printing.
34. It is your responsibility to ensure conformity with the Trades Description Act 1975; Business Advertisements Disclosure Order 1977; Sex Discrimination Act 1975; and the Consumer Credit Act 1974.
35. All artwork created by Independent Directories Ltd remains the property of Independent Directories Ltd and therefore must not be used in any other media without Independent Directories Ltd permission, as this is a breach of copyright laws.
36. If you would like to use your artwork/advert/editorial/design/article which has been created by us in other advertising media a fee may be payable.
37. Advertisers found using artwork belonging to us without our permission will be fined £75 plus the cost of the advert.
38. If you want to change or cancel your advert at any time, you must do so before the 10th of the preceding month either by email or letter.
39. It is your responsibility to check the advert and ensure that there are no errors including but not limited to spelling, grammatical, telephone numbers, font size etc as no responsibility will be taken by us for any errors once the advert has been approved by you, or if you provide the advert.
40. All artwork received from you must be copyright free and is taken as copyright free from any third party.
41. It is your responsibility to ensure all artwork provided to us is free from copyright. This includes any images, logos, photos, trade logos, clip art or any other content that is used in the advert.
42. Our publications are monthly publications.
43. First time advertisers copy is required by 9th of the month to be included in the following months’ magazine. All other advertisers copy to be received by Independent Directories completed by 12th of each month at the very latest, unless otherwise advised.
44. Copy and artwork can be supplied via email. The following formats are acceptable: JPEG, TIFF or PDF (all 300dpi). Software acceptable format: Adobe Indesign, Illustrator or Photoshop.
45. No responsibility will be taken for the print quality of any advert, image, logo, text and/or photo supplied at a lower resolution than 300dpi.
46. We do not guarantee position in the Magazine - either page position or placement on a page.
47. We do not offer exclusivity to any business nor do we provide it.
48. The distribution area of the directories may vary without notice at our discretion.
49. By advertising with Independent Directories Limited you agree to be subscribed to the mailing list of Independent Directories Limited. This can be found on our website at and click on the ‘Signup’ tab or you will be emailed the link.
50. Any Terms & Conditions that are dated later than the date on these Terms & Conditions supersede them.
51. It is your responsibility to ensure you have read, understood and agreed to the Terms & Conditions of business as set out above.
52. By advertising with Independent Directories Limited you agree to the Terms & Conditions as set out above.